Monday, January 17, 2011

My favorite little nook

I consider myself a fairly good DIYer.  I am definitely not afraid to try things...no matter the outcome. LOL!  This project is one of my favorites.  Our dining nook really turned out nice.  The table is a door that my fabulous and fellow DIYer husband literally rescued off of a barn for me.  He brought it home with great pride knowing I would come up with a use for it. The shelf (that I also built) above displays part of my collection of Wexford glass.   The seating we built ourselves and I upholstered myself.  The chandelier I found at a yard sale.  It was a candle stand that my husband added wires to so that it could function as a candelabra. We have a full house and this table can seat 8 people pretty comfortably. It really has become the hub of the household. From dinner to just hanging out there always seems to be someone seated here.   Definitely LOVE this space.

2 comments:

  1. Job well done! I love the vintage feel! How wonderful it is that you have a great husband to bring you great finds! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much I am very lucky not only is he a fabulous DIYer he also cooks! LOL

    ReplyDelete