Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Warmer Days and Even Warmer Porches


Nothing says relax better than a porch. An area reserved for socializing, relaxing, reading, sipping on lemonade and for many sleeping. Sitting here in the throws of winter I find myself longing for a porch to sit on and sip on a little lemonade maybe with just a splash of vodka.
I hope you enjoy some of these porches that I consider inspiration for warmer thoughts and days.


Who needs a vacation away when you have someplace like this to relax and let world pass by.


The color alone inspires me to think creatively and relax.


This porch by Paula Wallace really speaks to me, it says come on in and have a seat. Creating a welcoming space can be really simple.
Start by doing a thorough cleaning of the porch. Is it debugged and swept? If it needs it put a fresh coat of paint on the trim and railings.
Depending on space you may need to limit seating to just a chair or two with a some beautiful plants hung and placed around. Plants are the icing on the cake and really add warmth and life to any space. One way or the other the big goal is to create a welcoming and relaxing space to call your own and share with all who visit.

What does your favorite porch space look like?

1 comment:

  1. I loves porches unfortuanetly I don't have one :0( Blessings, Joanne

    10minutes2breathe

    ReplyDelete